So, today is the day I quit smoking. That’s right people you heard it here first, (obviously you heard it here first)this is the beginning of my journey towards being a non-smoker. There is nothing I love more than my cigarettes, my black coffee, and my Rock N Roll, but its time to loose one of my loves. Something hit me when I woke up this morning. Nothing literally hit me but I can give a very concise and cohesive list as to why I need to leave the stogies behind.
- I am sick and tired of my hands constantly smelling like shit.
- I want to makeout with boys without feeling like my breath reeks.
- I no longer am comfortable leaving social settings to go outside and have a cigarette.
- I cannot watch my mom watch me smoke anymore…it just isn’t fair to put her through it (I torture her enough as it is).
- I forced my dad to quit when I was 11…then when I was 18 I thought it would be brilliant to devour a pack; that my friends is called being a punk.
- My best friends cried to me two weeks ago due to my smoking habit…I cannot make my friends cry because of my selfish decisions.
- I have never tried to quit before, and we all know I’ll try anything once (I actually think this will stick; contrary to popular belief I have stellar self control).
- My hair is my best feature and I cannot deal with it always smelling like an ash tray.
- My teeth are cute and I would much rather them stay in my head than fall out due to my smoking habits.
- It isn’t cute or sexy anymore; it’s just starting to make me look like a crack head.
- My life is important and I am way to intelligent to inflict my own death sentence.
Now that you guys have the gist of things, I think we are all on the same page. It’s time for me to quit…it won’t be easy but I know it will be worth it. I have all the necessary quitting aides (gum, smoke free app, and hypnosis recordings), I have a more than incredible support team, and at the end of the day I really don’t want to be “that girl with the gross habit” anymore. I have every intention of keeping everyone updated on my progress via www.alexisleeproblems.com so keep reading and let’s see if this crazy train has the ability to stay on track for once.