Happy Mothers Day to all the Mama’s out there, as well as a glorious Sunday Funday! So in the past few weeks my blog, Facebook, and Instagram has been flooded with messages and emails asking me about how I get my hair in the perfect Beach Babe Wave. Now don’t let me fool you I do not spend every single day by the pool or beach (even though it totally seems like I do). My hair has a natural wave to it, but just like every other chick out there I have a specific regime to getting my hair into those Bitchin Beach Waves. Well, I am ready to divulge my secrets and steps, hopefully I help you ladies get the perfect effortless Mischa Barton (I’m talking about Mischa Barton circa hot and sexy O.C. Marissa, not hotmess present day Mischa Barton) Beach Wave!
- Start out by washing your hair with Herbal Essences Naked 0% Volume Enhancing Shampoo. You can get Herbal Essences at any grocery or drug store. Give a hardcore scrub, dont be shy either with the amount of shampoo you use. Let the Shampoo sit in your hair for a hot ass minutes while you wash all of your other parts and then rinse it out.
- Skip conditioner all together because it will just leave your hair oily and heavy. You wont achieve the same bounce if you use conditioner. Less is more, so just skip it ladies.
- Once out of the shower wrap your hair in a towel, preferably a turban twist so that you can look like a Persian Princess. Leave your hair in the turban while you wash your face, apply moisturizer, or whatever else feels right to do in a turban.
- After about 5 minutes of turban towel time unwrap your hair and spray a very liberal amount of N.4 Lumiere D’ Hiver Super Comb Prep and Spray all over your head. This product can be found on www.Birchbox.com . After you have sprayed the product from roots to tips just use an old school Detangling Comb and comb out all of your hair. Pick a direction in which to part your hair (I always go down the middle unless I’m feeling a little spicy and then I like to hang to the right).
- Now your hair should smell like a pile of exotic flowers, be super shiny and detangled. Wrap your hair into a little Cinnamon Roll Bun at the base of your neck. Secure the bun with a Banana Clip. If you don’t know what a Banana Clip is than you are too young and shouldn’t even be reading this.
- Last step! Once 45 minutes has passed release your hair from the Cinnamon Roll Bun. Flip over shake it out and just be amazed at how badass your hair looks!
I hope I helped answer everyone’s questions and brought you one step closer to the ultimate Bitchin Beach Wave!